So I popped it in yesterday for a couple hours. My first impressions are this:
1. The game is gorgeously done. Especially the snow! There are some minor graphical glitches but I can get past that and just think they are funny.
2. Desmonds character model looks weird to me. It seems they change his look every game.
3. Althought the begining is a little slow to me, I was also a pleasant surprise.
4. Navigating menus is a little confusing at first but I got the hang of it shortly.
5. Love meeting historical characters and listening to some of their ramblings! Ben Frankline on why being with older women was hilarious!
6. Combat is simple to learn but takes practice to get good. Reminds me a little of Batman Arkham City.
7. Camera angles can get a bit wonky sometimes, but manageable.
8. Horses are back! Enough said
This is just impressions after only 2ish hours of play but it looks very promising!
I'm still getting used to the controls and movements after 4+ hours of gameplay.
Graphics are excellent, much better than I was anticipating.
My one issue is the navigating menus. Hard to get used to, for me.
There are definitely some noticeable frame rate drops and graphical mis cues. Particularly in the shading department. Minor things but just enough to make me go "well that's noticeable" regularly. Game is still gorgeous though.