Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 05 2012
By: WhatDegree Monster Hunter 45 posts

Considering getting the new AC...

5 replies 204 views Edited Nov 5, 2012

Hey guys,

I am considering to pick up the new Assassins Creed game, but though I was never big on the series. However I always wanted to play a game during the time period of the American Revolution. But I had a few questions before I shelled the money out for the game (especially if I want the gold edition).

Q1.) Should I have played any of the previous games to get the concept?

Q2.) Does it have an authentic early America feel to it or is does it feel closer to a "reskin" of a previous title?

Q3.) Is it easy enough to pick up and get enjoy the story?

Thanks in advance and anything else that you could "sell" the game would be greatly appreciated. I wouldn't normally bother you guys with something like this but renting the game is out of the question right now and could use any insights into this.

Message 1 of 6 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17388 posts

Re: Considering getting the new AC...

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2012

I played the first game like maybe 10 hours, then the second maybe 5-7 hours total... felt there was too much repetitions on the gameplay and moved on other games.

I was not sure about getting AC3 but I'm a huge fan of history and love the story behind the american revolution, my teen is currently learning it at school so it's a win-win situation right now when he watch me playing the game, the story of this game is just awesome.

I'm really enjoying the game right now as I'm getting used with the controls and gameplay, it's been a while since I didnt bought a tripple A title (my last was granturismo 5)  and I do not regret the purchase of this awesome game. There's so much dept and details in AC3 that you could spend an entire day, if not 3, just reading the database informations on buildings, characters and such...

The game runs smoothly excepts some random hicups maybe (when the system access the disc or the hdd)

retrying a mission is pretty fast also, which I think it's great IMO

(I hate having to wait for long accessing data when I want to redo a mission)

I give it 9.3/10

Good job Ubisoft,

GTA V FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Born young, not dead yet !
Message 2 of 6 (199 Views)
Survivor
2727 posts

Nov 6, 2012

WhatDegree wrote:

Q1.) Should I have played any of the previous games to get the concept?

Q2.) Does it have an authentic early America feel to it or is does it feel closer to a "reskin" of a previous title?

Q3.) Is it easy enough to pick up and get enjoy the story?

If you're already planning on selling it before you've even bought what is the frikking point!?

You're coming into the series a bit late. Watch YouTube to catch up on the story or websites that have a wrap-up til ACIII.

The present-day parts would make little sense to you. 

There are no reskins in these games. Any of them. They are doing a historically semi-accurate depiction of the land

these games take place in and ACIII's Boston and NY are the closest representations yet.

Random Images

S E I J I N S H I . A L L D A Y . E V E R Y D A Y
Message 3 of 6 (187 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8452 posts

Nov 6, 2012

I don't think it's essential to play previous titles prior to ACIII, but during the 'modern day' scenes with Desmond, you'll feel like you are dropping in in the middle of a story (which you are).  Inside the Animus (playing as Connor) is a completely separate story, though, with vitually no connection to previous installments.  Even the combat/controls have been adjusted for ACIII.

As for ACIII, there is a lot more to do in the massive open world without being within the confines of any particular mission.

One of my favorite things to do is capture the forts around the map (none of which are actually part of the story, and can be done at any time you come across one):

Message 4 of 6 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Nov 13, 2012

I am having trouble with what you said about me selling it? What makes you think I wanted to sell it? Especially because I am planning on getting a digital version from PSN.

I just wanted an idea on if it was a game for me, if it wasn't focused around the American Revolution I probably wouldn't be interested in the game. I haven't played any of them and not sure how far off the trail the games go.

Message 5 of 6 (126 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 16, 2012

i was never big on it especialy after the first one but once you get the hang of its a wild ride.try the brotherhood first thats what im doing i dont know about part 3 but the brother hood is off the chain ,im always down to battle have a good one

Message 6 of 6 (102 Views)
0 Likes