05-13-2009 06:33 PM
Platform: PlayStation 3
Release Date: TBA Holiday 2009
Release Region: United States
In an interview, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot refused to talk about Assassin's Creed 2, but confirmed it was in development. Guillemot said, "What we just can say is that we are working hard on the product." On February 24, 2009, tipsters who were involved in a Ubisoft focus group reported to Joystiq that they were shown early footage of the sequel that appeared to indicate that that the game takes place in 15th century Italy with an Italian protagonist, similar in appearance to Altaïr but more colorful, named Ezio. Gameplay updates include abilities to swim and the use of gunpowder. The game is expected to be released by March 2010.
Another article speculates that the game will be specifically set in Venice and that the character, Ezio will take part in a family feud. Much of the action centering around the Venetian Carnival in which masks are worn by participants.Other locations mentioned thus far include Florence and the Tuscan countryside.
In April 2009, subscribers of the Ubisoft newsletter received an e-mail titled "Truth is Written in Blood". It contained a parchment paper image of a bald man extending his arm, showing the concealed trademark blade. Clicking on the image leads to a teaser for Assassin's Creed 2. It shows more Da Vinci-esque drawings, including a technical schematic of the hidden blade used by the Assassins. At the end of the teaser, the mirror image of the words "Game Informer 04/16/2009" appears, along with the symbol used as a logo for the "Assassin's Creed" in the first game. On April 10, 2009 Joystiq revealed a high resolution render of Ezio
Other rumored details have supposedly been leaked in early copies of the next Game Informer. says the main character is Ezio Auditore de Firenze, a nobleman of Florence from 1476. Ezio is yet another genetic predecessor of Desmond's (y'know, the annoying guy that doesn't kill people?). You'll supposedly be able to swim and access a gliding machine at DaVinci's workshop. And most excitingly of all, you'll play through more mission types. Word of that alone makes us eagerly anticipate our next issue of GI. (Check out the cover, after the break.)
You'll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe thing, and 2 smaller blades
- You CAN swim
- Da Vincis workshop is in the game
- Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.
- The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191
- So you do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair / Desmond
-You will see the countryside of Tuscany
- The "Auditore" family is mentioned
- The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze
- He is a nobleman of Florence
- Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici
- YOU DO INDEED FLY AND THERES A PICTURE OF IT.
and thats just what I got from the pictures. I'll let you know more details as I read more.
- Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.
- You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.
- each weapon has a special move.
- 16 unique mission types.
- No more ease dropping or pick pocketing missions.
- If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain ful strength.
- Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.
- Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.
- New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, "Brutish" armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you're near by.
- While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.
- You can still climb towers and ride horses
- The Lorendo de Medici assassination is in the game.
- There is now a night and day sequence in the game.
- 240 people are working on this title.
04-11-2009 06:56 AM
You miss the coolest link: http://www.ScrewAttack.com/HardNews/041009
Game play video!!
04-17-2009 12:29 PM