Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 29 2010
By: ZAFO- Lombax Warrior 188 posts

AC 2 Brutes and Spear guys

4 replies 22 views Edited Nov 29, 2010

What are some techniques for killing brutes and guards with spears?  I know about smoke bombs and dodging but my best option seems to be to cut and run.  I'd really prefer to kill everyone though.  For spears the dodge and counter doesn't work.  Their health never goes down and I can't counter or grab them.  I HATE spears!  Anything that works in a timely fashion would be great.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (22 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1251 posts

Re: AC 2 Brutes and Spear guys

Nov 29, 2010

Go to your Villa and go into the arena. There, you can learn how to use long weapons, like the spear. Then after you've completed the training, you'll be able to disarm the big guys with spears or long weapons and use them against them.

I in order to get to the right one in your training arena you have to do: Combat (or something similar to that) > Long Weapons > Start Training.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
675 posts

Nov 29, 2010

Hit X to kick them then just keep mashing square until he does the kill move, then, if there are more than one of them, push the left analog stick in the direction of the enemy and hit square to perform an execution right after you kill the first guard. You can keep doing this for as many enemies or until you get hit. If you want to practice doing the execution streak, you can go to the virtual training under the start menu. Performing an execution is an instant kill no matter how much health they have left.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2031 posts

Dec 1, 2010

Well, I usually just counter with my Hidden blade and that usually works fine.  Hope this works

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Dec 1, 2010

Shootokill wrote:

Hit X to kick them then ...

Did that work in AC2 too? Can't remember for sure.

However, the best way to dispose of spears is to change to the 'Empty Hand' weapon and perform a Disarm attack, very similar to Counter attack. Or if you have not yet learnt that at the Villa, then perhaps just throwing knives at them would do the trick most easily. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (22 Views)
0 Likes