Jul 19 2011
By: chaos_789 Welcoming Committee 7900 posts
Accepted Solution

Was D.Gray-Man cancelled?

4 replies 476 views Edited Jul 19, 2011

well, the season 2 box sets finished in 2009, that's the last new box set. (they did however release the complete season 2 box set this year) however nothing new in terms of season, in fact, season 1 and 2 came out in 2009. so now it's 2011, and still nothing. I want to know if I should keep my D.Gray man box sets or just get rid of them because I don't like owning series, that were cancelled, since they are extremely incomplete?

Message 1 of 5 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4252 posts

Re: Was D.Gray-Man cancelled?

Jul 20, 2011

Currently people don't know. It could have been stopped due to poor sales like Case Closed was (That was stopped at 130 episodes indefinitely. FUNimation Entertainment tried so hard to make it get good sales.). Or there could be legal issues preventing FUNimation from releasing more episodes or licensing more.

Though we won't know until we get an official answer from FUNimation.

Message 2 of 5 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3314 posts

Jul 20, 2011

Videogameaddict2 wrote:

Currently people don't know. It could have been stopped due to poor sales like Case Closed was (That was stopped at 130 episodes indefinitely. FUNimation Entertainment tried so hard to make it get good sales.). Or there could be legal issues preventing FUNimation from releasing more episodes or licensing more.

Though we won't know until we get an official answer from FUNimation.

Also Lithium, you will be missed.

Actually we do know. Lance (Funi rep) has talked about this quite a few times in the past at cons and on the ANNCast. D.Gray Man sold really well. There is a licensing issue though and that's what is holding up the other two seasons.

Message 3 of 5 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7900 posts

Jul 20, 2011

ok, thanks for the answers, I guess I will wait some more, I found D.gray-man to be a good series. I wonder how long it will take for them to settle it, it's already been 2 years.

Message 4 of 5 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3314 posts

Jul 22, 2011

chaos_789 wrote:

I wonder how long it will take for them to settle it, it's already been 2 years.

Who knows! Even if it got settled (which it might have), it'll take another year or so to get the production done.

Message 5 of 5 (476 Views)
0 Likes