Splicer
68 posts

Re: shinobi vs ninja gaiden, which would you rather play?

Mar 11, 2004
Shinobi, because I dont have Ninja Gaiden yet :smileytongue:.
----

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 24 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1284 posts

Mar 11, 2004

,psychotherapy wrote:

Is Shinobi really as frustratingly difficult as people say? And is $15 a good deal for it?

it isnt a frustrating game, its a fun game to play. and although im british and live in england, 15$ sounds brilliant to me and i suggest you buy it

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 24 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12042 posts

Mar 12, 2004
,psychotherapy wrote:
Is Shinobi really as frustratingly difficult as people say? And is $15 a good deal for it?
For $10 I'd pick it up for sure. $15 I'd say probably and twenies pushing it. It's a decent game but far from what it should've been. And yes, it can get frustrating; but then again don't alot of games sometimes.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 24 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11930 posts

Mar 12, 2004

well they are both hard but ninja gaiden is actually fun.

so the answer is easily ninja gaiden

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 24 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Mar 13, 2004

tyrant 101 wrote:

psychotherapy wrote:

it isnt a frustrating game, its a fun game to play. and although im british and live in england, 15$ sounds brilliant to me and i suggest you buy it

Thanks for the opinions tyrant/sarges. Since NG came out, I've been wanting to get a ninja type game for my PS2. Shinobi doesn't sound too bad, especially for under $20.

My only concern was, based on the reviews, the difficulty of the game. I don't mind a challenge (afterall, I did beat 2 of the 3 Lolo's on NES :smileytongue:), but I don't like when games are so hard that they're not fun anymore. Btw, did anyone try that new Shinobi-like game w/ the girl ninja?
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 24 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12042 posts

Mar 13, 2004
,psychotherapy wrote:

,tyrant 101 wrote:

,psychotherapy wrote:,

Is Shinobi really as frustratingly difficult as people say? And is $15 a good deal for it? ,

it isnt a frustrating game, its a fun game to play. and although im british and live in england, 15$ sounds brilliant to me and i suggest you buy it,

Thanks for the opinions tyrant/sarges. Since NG came out, I've been wanting to get a ninja type game for my PS2. Shinobi doesn't sound too bad, especially for under $20.

My only concern was, based on the reviews, the difficulty of the game. I don't mind a challenge (afterall, I did beat 2 of the 3 Lolo's on NES :smileytongue:), but I don't like when games are so hard that they're not fun anymore. Btw, did anyone try that new Shinobi-like game w/ the girl ninja?

Nightshade it's called. I haven't played it but it's by the same developers as Shinobi and it's gotten better reviews than Shinobi. I wouldn't be willing to fork out more than $20 for it though,. You're best bet right now would actually be Tenchu. I'd recomend Tenchu: Stealth Assassins for the PS or even Wrath of Heaven for the PS2. I was a little dissappoineted in Wrath of Heaven but it's still a really good game and is more involved with the whole ninja mystique and gameplay instead of the action chop and slash ninja games like Ninja Gaiden or Shinobi. If you're looking for a real Ninja game I'd suggest Tenchu otherwise go ahead and get Shinobi; I'll prob be getting it as soon as it hits $10 or maybe even when it's just undre $20 because i'd like to finish playing it or at least try to.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 24 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1284 posts

Mar 13, 2004

psychotherapy wrote:

,tyrant 101 wrote:

,psychotherapy wrote: ,

Is Shinobi really as frustratingly difficult as people say? And is $15 a good deal for it? ,

,null,

it isnt a frustrating game, its a fun game to play. and although im british and live in england, 15$ sounds brilliant to me and i suggest you buy it ,

,null,

My only concern was, based on the reviews, the difficulty of the game. I don't mind a challenge (afterall, I did beat 2 of the 3 Lolo's on NES ), but I don't like when games are so hard that they're not fun anymore. Btw, did anyone try that new Shinobi-like game w/ the girl ninja?

sarges24@hotmail.com wrote:

Nightshade it's called. I haven't played it but it's by the same developers as Shinobi and it's gotten better reviews than Shinobi. I wouldn't be willing to fork out more than $20 for it though,. You're best bet right now would actually be Tenchu. I'd recomend Tenchu: Stealth Assassins for the PS or even Wrath of Heaven for the PS2. I was a little dissappoineted in Wrath of Heaven but it's still a really good game and is more involved with the whole ninja mystique and gameplay instead of the action chop and slash ninja games like Ninja Gaiden or Shinobi. If you're looking for a real Ninja game I'd suggest Tenchu otherwise go ahead and get Shinobi; I'll prob be getting it as soon as it hits $10 or maybe even when it's just undre $20 because i'd like to finish playing it or at least try to.

,ive played nightshade and i must say that its a good game but not as good as shinobi. i would advise you to buy shinobi for that $20 and tenchu:wrath of heaven is a good game for you to pick up aswell.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 24 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2285 posts

Mar 13, 2004
i heard nightshades controlles suck big time roosters and yes i said roosters,  but i heard you fly off alot of ledges and it gets really annoying from what i hear in magazines and stuff,
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 24 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1284 posts

Mar 13, 2004
yeah it isnt a good game in terms of the way it plays as shinobi doesnt really have problems like that so i would go for shinobi. or hopefully shinobi 2 (not nightshade) will be released,
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 24 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
707 posts

Mar 14, 2004

i really do not see why people keep saying ninja gaiden is hard. its normal in my opinoin

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 24 (0 Views)
0 Likes