Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 16 2012
By: Kjd1412 First Son 11 posts

The Sly Collection vs Jak and Daxter HD Collection, which should I choose

5 replies 1204 views Edited Jul 16, 2012

I'm going to get one of these games but wondering which one of these game is fun to play. I did a lil research, said both of the game are fun to play, now re-mastered to HD. I kinda lean toward to The Sly Collection, just because it looks like an Assassin's creed for kid, which I'm a huge fan of AC series (and obviously that the price is cheaper that Jak and Dexter). Others said that u can't go wrong with Jak and Daxter. So what is ur thought about those game? What game should I buy?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (1,204 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11176 posts

Re: The Sly Collection vs Jak and Daxter HD Collection, which should I choose

Jul 17, 2012

I'm not exactly sure I'd compare Sly Cooper to the Assassin's Creed series. Where the Assassin's Creed games gives you stealth, tracking, and assassinating of enemies, the Sly games are more in line with slipping through an entire level preferably unseen and dishing out the enemies along the way to receive coins and prizes.

With a combination of platforming and shooting elements, you might put the Assassin's trigger on this number if you're able to see it that way - though, respectfully it's a bit hard to imagine the two franchises being similar even with those relations.

While I don't mind the Sly Cooper games so much myself, I do think there's no topping Jak and Daxter if you had to compare the two. Where the Sly games aren't all that challenging or lengthy, the Jak and Daxter games actually provide quite a lot of gaming for your buck. The Jak series is brimming with humor, third-person platforming and shooting challenges, along with races, various environments, a compelling cast of characters, and lots of secrets to acquire.

The Sly Cooper games carries some of these elements itself, but generally the quality and depth of the series doesn't quite match up with Jak's. Either way you're likely to have some fun... though if you're looking for the case of premium gaming in this equation, stick with Jak.

Message 2 of 6 (1,202 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Jul 17, 2012

Thanks, I'll try out each game and see which one I like the most

Message 3 of 6 (1,195 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2531 posts

Jul 18, 2012
be aware that Jak !! is harder than most due to the checkpoints. (both are awesome collections.)
Message 4 of 6 (1,190 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2712 posts

Aug 2, 2012

Jak and Daxter was such an epic game and one of my favorites for PS2. Jak 2 was brutally difficult in comparison so luckily they lowered the difficulty in Jak 3.

Sly 1 had maybe medium difficulty thanks to the stupid health system but I was just so bored with the series.

Personally I'd probably pick Jak over Sly.

Message 5 of 6 (1,165 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
23051 posts

Aug 3, 2012
I'd go with Jak & Daxter as well, just because the Precursor Legacy brought me to these forums in 2004, so from a sentimental point of view, you can't go wrong. :smileyvery-happy:
Message 6 of 6 (1,161 Views)
0 Likes