Dec 01 2012
By: rojito Treasure Hunter 7069 posts

Ron Gilbert’s The Cave info, trailers

[ Edited ]
4 replies 286 views Edited Jan 16, 2013

^ Isn’t it really a story of eight people? (twins)

^ Looks like Samus in her metroid suit

The Cave is a 2D sidescroller with all the fixings fans have come to expect from Double Fine and adventure games. Best described as a cross between Trine, Oddworld, and a touch of Castlevania, The Cave is ripe with platforming, humor, and imaginative puzzles. But unlike all three of the aforementioned titles/franchises, The Cave leans towards casual fun over hardcore challenge. So while death may be common, it won’t reset your progress more than a few in-game steps.

At the beginning of each campaign, players choose three characters out of seven total: the monk, the adventurer, the hillbilly, the scientist, the “adorable” twins, the knight, and the time-traveler. Those three characters can then be swapped between at any time, and a second or third local player can even hop in for some couch co-op. The threesome approach is integral to The Cave’s gameplay and puzzles. One example given was where a dragon was guarding a bit of treasure that could be used to impress a princess. A head-on approach left the player characters scorched in their tracks, but by activating the knight’s special invincibility skill to withstand the creature’s flames, a second player was able to sneak in behind the preoccupied dragon and steal the gold. Of course, the dragon then gets free and causes some chuckle-worthy chaos as the off-screen NPCs panic and scream out things like, “Who left the gate open?!”

Due early 2013

Photobucket
Message 1 of 5 (286 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3472 posts

Re: Ron Gilbert’s The Cave info, trailers

Dec 14, 2012

Love Ron Gilbert.  Really looking forward to this one!

Yes! No! wait...what was the question again?

Message 2 of 5 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7069 posts

Jan 16, 2013

added trailer

Photobucket
Message 3 of 5 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Updated my ps3 to latest firmware. Played battle field 2 online for about 3 hours then quit the game and booted up the cave and it crashers and freezes my ps3 and after I power off then re power there is no error report for this and this has happened twice now. I looked all over where to post this but it seems here is sufficient enough.

Message 4 of 5 (115 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3472 posts

Mar 26, 2013

The only advice I can think of is to contact Sony technical support and see if they have any suggestions, I've always found them pretty helpful

Yes! No! wait...what was the question again?

Message 5 of 5 (108 Views)
0 Likes