Mar 04 2004
By: Wolffe72 Fender Bender 3598 posts

Pitfall: The Lost Expedition

11 replies 23 views Edited Mar 4, 2004
I finished this game the other night.  It had a bit of a slow start and I was a little unsure about the gameplay so I really didn't know what to think about this game.  However, it turned out to be an excellent adventure/platformer that had me seriously hooked.  There were so many beautiful locations (I believe I read 50, although many were fairly small) and the game maintained its Indiana Jones adventurer feel throughout.  I actually had a few laughs as well (I love the native in the village -- "You come visit... and I Killlllll you...").

While I can suggest renting the game, I would also suggest that you give it a good night's worth of play before you make a decision.  Overall, the game is not too difficult and it is VERY forgiving regarding deaths.  I've read reviews that say the game is short (9 - 10) hours but I had 26 hours clocked.  I don't remember ever being stuck for very long, but I did spend a lot of time searching for idols and the shaman to complete the game with 100% (which I did!).  Thinking back, if all I focused on was getting to the end of the game I probably could have blazed through in about half the time... but I'm glad I didn't.  The exploring and searching for the idols/shaman was a big part of the fun and they were also the most challenging parts.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this game and I'm looking forward to the sequel.  Now I'm back to finish Prince of Persia: Sands of Time which I put down just after Christmas to play some other games.  I just unlocked Prince of Persia I which was really nostalgic to play again...
Message 1 of 12 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7686 posts

Re: Pitfall: The Lost Expedition

Mar 4, 2004
Thanks! This games sounds good. I like to explore and if it's like Indiana Jones, I'll really enjoy it!,
Message 2 of 12 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Mar 4, 2004
is it as good as pitfall 3?,
Message 3 of 12 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3598 posts

Mar 5, 2004
is it as good as pitfall 3? ,

I can't say... I haven't played a Pitfall game since the one that came out for the Windows 95 launch (The Mayan Adventure, I think).  Reviews say its the best Pitfall game to come out in a long time...

Message 4 of 12 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7686 posts

Mar 5, 2004
This is not a PS2 game? I guess I assumed it was.
Message 5 of 12 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19076 posts

Mar 5, 2004

,bonnie wrote:

You assumed right.....it is a PS2 game. 

Message 6 of 12 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3598 posts

Mar 5, 2004
This is not a PS2 game? I guess I assumed it was.,

Sure it is... I was asked whether it was better than Pitfall 3D and I was simply stating that I haven't played any other Pitfall game since The Mayan Adventure which came out for the Windows 95 launch.  Pitfall: The Lost Expedition is available for all three consoles...

Message 7 of 12 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7686 posts

Mar 5, 2004

,zeker wrote:

,bonnie wrote:

You assumed right.....it is a PS2 game. 

Oh, cool! Thanks!
Message 8 of 12 (23 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Mar 7, 2004
Can you help me? ,
I just got this game and cannot figure something out and hope you can help me.  When Harry gets grabbed in an alligators mouth ..... how do you get him out of the mouth of the alligator?  A small window popped up and shows an "L" but I have tried every left button and nothing happens.  HELP please.

Thank you,
terrah
Message 9 of 12 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3598 posts

Mar 7, 2004
I just got this game and cannot figure something out and hope you can help me.  When Harry gets grabbed in an alligators mouth ..... how do you get him out of the mouth of the alligator?  A small window popped up and shows an "L" but I have tried every left button and nothing happens.  HELP please.,

I think you're supposed to move the left stick back and forth.  I just kept rotating the left analog stick around and around which felt like I was opening the alligator's mouth with a vice.  Once you have his mouth fully open, you can press X to jump out.

Message 10 of 12 (23 Views)
0 Likes