Mar 21 2004
By: LostinPitfall~ First Son 3 posts

Pitfall Harry Help

7 replies 34 views Edited Mar 21, 2004
Ok me and my boyfriend have been playing Pitfall : The Lost Expedition for the last week. We are stuck. He is at the Penguins Den and cannot continue with out a picax. I have read previous forums that said to go to the X spot, usually you will get what you need.  We have gone back and looked thruout the game and seem to be at a dead end with out the tools. (tnt, pickax, and raft).  We are not big gamers, so I am not sure where to see the little things. I have bought it for the kids, But we got addicted.

Anyone can throw us some clues would be great.
Message 1 of 8 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2942 posts

Re: Pitfall Harry Help

Mar 21, 2004
Im not sure. Try gamefaqs.com it should help you alot more there on one of the games faqs. LOL and nice name.
Message 2 of 8 (34 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 21, 2004
Thank You I will try that. Like my name Huh?  It's the way I feel  LOL,
Message 3 of 8 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3598 posts

Mar 21, 2004
I have read previous forums that said to go to the X spot, usually you will get what you need.  We have gone back and looked thruout the game and seem to be at a dead end with out the tools. (tnt, pickax, and raft).  ,

That was probably my post you read, and it's true about the X.  You will only find items at specific points in the game, and each time it will be at a place designated by the X.  So you'll never need an item you don't already have to get to the X.

Have you made it through the Penguin's Den?  If you have the Gas Mask, then you need to climb the Ladder of Miles to the Penguin Den.  As far as I remember, the only tricky part in the Penguin Den is the column of ice that you must break with your sling in order to make another platform that allows you to continue hopping across the freezing water.  Once through the Penguin Den, your map should tell you to head towards Cavern Lake where you will find your next item.

I was hooked on this game too.  It had a bit of a slow start but I thought it was a great game overall... I really enjoyed it.

Message 4 of 8 (34 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 21, 2004
Thanks for the replys.  After many late hours last night we did it. Now we are going back thru. I appreciate the quick answers.,
Message 5 of 8 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Mar 24, 2004
the pick axes are in the caves. you get them from the girlie. after that you can make it to the x in the mountains. sorry, but I dont remember much of the details of getting the pick axes. I just remember they were in the caves.,
Message 6 of 8 (34 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 26, 2004
Ok I rented a week aog and im stuck in some den where there is a cockpit and also  some crabs of some sort. i cant go foward w/out getting A TORCH...
Where and ghow do i get the torch to get past the cob webs??????? HELP..
e mail me at earman67@aol.com thanks Hal
Message 7 of 8 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Mar 26, 2004

,Earman wrote:
Ok I rented a week aog and im stuck in some den where there is a cockpit and also  some crabs of some sort. i cant go foward w/out getting A TORCH...
Where and ghow do i get the torch to get past the cob webs??????? HELP..
e mail me at earman67@aol.com thanks Hal

if you are stuck in an area where there is a nose of the plane sticking out through some rocks, use the vine to get on top of the nose of the plane and then roll through the hole where the planes windshield used to be.
Message 8 of 8 (34 Views)
0 Likes