First Son
23 posts

Re: Mercenaries 2: World in Flames freezes at Connecting to EA Servers! Help!

Sep 22, 2010

Hi,

I bought this game a few months ago. I was having exactly the same problem - game saying it couldn't connect to servers and then freezing not long after. The only solution i found was to sign out of PSN while playing. There was no freezing after that, could play the single player... obviously couldn't go online though. So you may have to forget about the platinum.

However, after being a fan of the 1st game, this was a huge disappointmet. I just couldn't get into the game. My advice would be to buy Red Faction instead , much better sandbox fun and still active online. That's just me though.

Message 31 of 53 (510 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 14, 2010

I am very new to PS3 and PSN.

I bought a preowned version of "Mercenaries 2" and until yesterday everytime I tried to play on-line the game froze while "connecting to EA servers".

However after reading the threads I installed "Army of Two", agreed with the conditions and used the on-line option. Then, I re-inserted Mercenaries 2 and I was able to pass the stage "connecting to EA servers" without a problem and experienced no freezes.

The trick worked for me but having a second game to "activate" the first one is not the best of options...

Message 32 of 53 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4252 posts

Nov 6, 2010

Sorry that I the OP has been very inactive in this thread. Like I don't look at this thread very much, though seeing how many views it has gotten and how high it's ranked for "Mercs 2 freeze" on Google shows how common this issue is. I'm still trying to get my hands on a copy of Need for Speed Carbon for the PS3 to have the game work online. For those of you who have no idea what the bug is, here's what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhVg9J3qqfI So as you can see, the game freezes and doesn't let you go online.

Message 33 of 53 (510 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

E Re: Mercenaries 2: World in Flames freezes at Connecting to EA Servers! Help!

Dec 10, 2010
Message 34 of 53 (510 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 11, 2011

I try to create EA servers by downloading mma wresteling demo it ask you to get EA servers in order to play but when i play mercenaries it froze i have try evreything to play online in mercenaries but i t freeze i just get offline trophies and that get me mad becuse i made the account to play online no offline what else can i do

Message 35 of 53 (510 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 11, 2011

Evreytime i sing up to ea servers.com in ps3 network i press done and it freeze why we need EA servers why

Message 36 of 53 (510 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Oct 23, 2011

From what i understand when EA closed the server for Mercs 2 PC, It damaged the servers for Xbox Live and PSN. I feel like there in no hurry to fix this. I waisted my money on 2 copys so my Girlfriend and I can play it together online. What ever happened to splitscreen? It is so hard to find a good splitscreen game these days. MONEY MONEY MONEY!!! Thats all they want! Sure online gaming is great, but we could use a bit more splitscreen. Not everyone has online capabilities, or want to play with a stranger across the world.

Message 37 of 53 (510 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
26902 posts

Oct 24, 2011

BLACKHAWK_1989 wrote:

From what i understand when EA closed the server for Mercs 2 PC, It damaged the servers for Xbox Live and PSN. I feel like there in no hurry to fix this. I waisted my money on 2 copys so my Girlfriend and I can play it together online. What ever happened to splitscreen? It is so hard to find a good splitscreen game these days. MONEY MONEY MONEY!!! Thats all they want! Sure online gaming is great, but we could use a bit more splitscreen. Not everyone has online capabilities, or want to play with a stranger across the world.

Splitscreen became less important when online gameplay got better. And what company doesn't want to make money? It's not exactly something new. Not everyone has online capabilities? Maybe in 1995 I'd agree with you. In 2011, however, about 77.3% of homes have internet access in the United States. Even ten years ago it was close to 50%. This whole thing gamers cling to about not everyone having internet access is a complete and utter fallacy. 

Message 38 of 53 (510 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Dec 31, 2011

Hey, sorry to bump this post. But, I have the same issue as well. I was able to avoid freezing by taking my console offline. If its is connected to the Internet, the main menu freezes as it tries to connect to the M2 server. From what Ive read, it seems to be random. Although im sure that there is a cause to the issue. Any updates would be awesome.

Message 39 of 53 (510 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Apr 1, 2012

So the servers for this game appear to have been taken offline?

Message 40 of 53 (510 Views)
0 Likes