Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 20 2004
By: mrg247~ First Son 25 posts

Medal of Honor: Rising Sun....Little disappointing

24 replies 3 views Edited Jan 20, 2004
Whats goin on fellow gamers, if u've had the chance to play MOH:Rising Sun maybe u can agree with me on one thing. The fact that the game isn't long at all, no depth in my eyes. I don't consider 10 or so missions to be an in depth game as far as gameplay is concerned. I got through the game in two sittings of about 2 hours each granted i had to redo a few missions...no cheater here. I do give the game its props for realism in the sense of giving a realistic feel as far as action,  A.I. response, and weapons, that aspect of the game was tight i must admit. Let me know ur view on the game, if u agree with me or have a different view....all responses taken with no hostility. Thanks.
"...if world shakes me or breaks me, i hope it makes me a betta man..."
-Notorious B.I.G., RIP

Killzone Tag: Blaze2
Message 1 of 25 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2521 posts

Re: Medal of Honor: Rising Sun....Little disappointing

Jan 20, 2004

MOHRS sucks big time.  My first time playing it it glitched up.  Everything turned grey except for the guy i was following.  It looked like he was running into eternal, grey nothingness.  The graphics are far too weak for this age.  It's barely better than a PS1 game.  I disagree with you abou tthe smart AI...to a point.  There were a couple time they just looked at my granade and started "dancing" by it.  Like it was trying to think about what to do with ....BOOM!  they're dead.  After playing throught the game in a day (took about 8 hours, just under), we tried it online.  It is without a doubt the worst FPS online game i've ever played.

It's just a horrid game and everyone should boycott it. Let EA know they are going to have to try with their sequels.  Not just pimp out the contract to the same sad bunch who madethe last MOH on PS2.  It's sad nut EA let MOH rot and decay to the point that i don't ever want to hear about MOH again.  A big thumbs down to EA, and the MOH series.  My confidence has been shattered.  EA's seal of quality means nothing to me now. 

Message 2 of 25 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 20, 2004

definately disappointing. there were a few things that didnt sit well with me in this game...the game length was WAY too short.the AI was questionable at best sometimes...sometimes the eney would drop with 1 shot in the gut...other times it took multiple headshots to drop them(similar to SOCOM 2 ...yeah that bad)..the abrupt ending to some of the levels was just that...abrupt.out of nowhere the level just ends?

on the positive side the sound was awsome..the weapons were fun and authentic..that however doesnt make up for what was this games shortcomings were...far too many.took only 3 days to completely beat game..

SOCOM:cArLiTo
SOCOM 2:*cArLiTO*
TIGER:cd cArLiTo
thps4:cd cArLiTo
MOH:cd cArLiTo
MADDEN 2004:cd cArLiTo
NBA 2004:cArLiTo
FIGHT NIGHT:cArLiTo
Message 3 of 25 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3353 posts

Jan 20, 2004
a little Disappointing? heard it was Very dis..... hope Ghost recon is better though...
Message 4 of 25 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

Jan 20, 2004
lets just HOPE this will not be a new trend for the MEDAL OF HONOR series!,
Gamercard
Message 5 of 25 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7021 posts

Jan 20, 2004
I just rented this game two days ago. Blockbusters rental term is 5 days which normally is a good thing. In this case it's a waste as I have beaten the game and the online play is monotonous. On a scale of 1-10 I give it a 5. ,
Message 6 of 25 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Jan 20, 2004
Disappointing....YES, very disappointing I can't believe I spent $50 bucks on this game. Hopefully I won't make the same mistake again eith another game.
Message 7 of 25 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7838 posts

Jan 21, 2004

,mrg247 wrote:
Whats goin on fellow gamers, if u've had the chance to play MOH:Rising Sun maybe u can agree with me on one thing. The fact that the game isn't long at all, no depth in my eyes. I don't consider 10 or so missions to be an in depth game as far as gameplay is concerned. I got through the game in two sittings of about 2 hours each granted i had to redo a few missions...no cheater here. I do give the game its props for realism in the sense of giving a realistic feel as far as action,  A.I. response, and weapons, that aspect of the game was tight i must admit. Let me know ur view on the game, if u agree with me or have a different view....all responses taken with no hostility. Thanks.

MoH:RS was an utter failure. It excelled at realism and the Pearl Harbor level was breath taking, but the rest of the game was just depressing. I've seen rocks that were smarter than the AI in this installment. Not to mention the length issue, it was basically an hour and a half long, if you don't care about getting the extras and gettiing Gold Medals. That's almost $25 bucks an hour........I'm not sure if I'll be buying another MoH.....and I've been buying them from the beginning.

-Griever_08

http://goo.gl/SjUkM
Message 8 of 25 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 21, 2004
DAyum dude! i dont know what to say..well ive only played like the first level..where your getting bombed hmm dat seemed pretty koOL..but seriously i havent played the other missions..and im planning on purchasing it but i dunno....BLueR!
"Pain is weakness leaving the body"
Message 9 of 25 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45016 posts

Jan 21, 2004

,mrg247 wrote:

Love this game, just wish it was a bit longer as well.

Message 10 of 25 (3 Views)
0 Likes