Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Mafia 2 Freezing

Aug 29, 2010

anthony_ledo wrote:

in what room? is it in the room with the lights on the ceiling? mine has froze there 7 times in a row. i think it helps a little to not focus the view near the ceiling. i cant get past this room. i think its the game. i hope they patch the problem then soon.

i had expected some freezing, and have had it occur a few time troughout the game. wasnt a big problem until now. when you cant get though a tiny room after loading multiple times thats a problem.

Is that chapter 15 in the observatory if so that part is unpassable for me i can't even get down the staircase I'm playing it on hard if that has anything to do with it.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 41 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Aug 29, 2010

Mine is freezing at the end of Chapter 10. I've had to quit the game about 4 times now, but once I get toward the end of the level, I see a loading screen that just keeps repeating the same stuff over and over. My system's off, so hopefully I'll be able to continue later. If not, I'mma be pissed.

It also froze twice at random parts during my gameplay. Weak.

For a company that spent so much time and energy exhorting the virtues of a free online service, to charge for marginally useful access and other nebulous online things, this is just another slap in the face of PS3 owners who were previously told that rumble is last gen, backwards compatibility is great and the versatility of their system in allowing other operating systems to be used on their hardware was a great feature.
- Lono, Sarcastic Gamer

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 41 (283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 30, 2010

Yeahhh me  2 how do we fix thissss!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 41 (283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 31, 2010

Hey mine freezes there too......I go and drop off the money to Bruno and it freezes while loading....you can hear sound on the background and the loading disk never stops spinning...i left it on like 10 mins and nothing...anyone know how to fix this issue??? if anyone does please get back at me.....username: lokeytone....add me

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 41 (283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 1, 2010

Froze twice for me so far completly random - the first time was in i Chapter 11 somewhere and It corruped my save game so I had to start from the beginning again and it did freeze once in chapter 3 again.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 41 (283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

restart chapter, sell cars.Don't rob shop!Because then the game freezes

Sep 2, 2010
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 41 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
692 posts

Sep 2, 2010

I'm at 10 hours into the game so far and I've now had 2 freezes.  My last one was during saving which sucked at first until I reloaded and saw it did actually save.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 41 (283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 3, 2010

I rented my copy and it's frozen a few times already. I'm only on Chapter 3 so I don't know if I should bother finishing it. I'll try some other games to see if it's the console, but after seeing this thread, I'm pretty sure it's the game.

G

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 41 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
692 posts

Sep 4, 2010

Just finished the game.  Had 2 freezes so nothing too bad or out of the ordinary. 

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 41 (283 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2004 posts

Sep 8, 2010

Re: the chapter 15 observatory freeze 

I am having freezes at the same exact spot. I start down the stairs and it freezes. No matter what. It's happened 10 times now. If this stops me from beating the game im going to be livid.

I am also playing on Hard. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

------------------------------------------------------------
@atpetedodd

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 41 (283 Views)
0 Likes