Jan 03 2004
By: Grey_Owl I Only Post Everything 1203 posts

MAXIMO PREVIEW!!

3 replies 12 views Edited Jan 3, 2004

What's It About? The heroic, undead hero Maximo returns to battle an army of robotic soul-stealers. Grim (aka Death) needs the souls trapped in each robot to be freed, so it's up to you to send these poor, tortured folks to the great hereafter by using a whole new collection of weapons, magic, and moves.

Why's It Cool? Maximo is based on Capcom's old-school Ghosts 'n Goblins games, and you can definitely feel it. The action never lets up, and the all-new items and weapons you can use—not to mention the huge boss characters you fight—keep things fun and exciting throughout the game.

Should We Worry? The first Maximo is fun...but hard! While a new life-bar system (in which it takes more than one hit to knock off Maximo's armor) and the ability to transform into Grim for a brief period of time (in case you get surrounded) make the second game a bit more user-friendly, the version we played was still plenty challenging.

Bottom Line Balancing the difficulty is about the only thing we're worried about in Maximo's new adventure. The game controls great and looks gorgeous. A lot of folks really warmed up to the first game, despite its controller-smashin' difficulty, so we expect those same folks will find much to love in the new title.

Nope.
Message 1 of 4 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Re: MAXIMO PREVIEW!!

Jan 3, 2004
wait, r u talkin bout tha first Maximo or this new one
Message 2 of 4 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Jan 6, 2004
Dude,Maximo rox!!And this new game is awesome!!I hear you can be Grim!!Xtreme,man!!,
Vertigo76:Just call me The King of Spades. Man or monster?Men get drunk,monsters get mad.
Message 3 of 4 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Jan 6, 2004
i just played the demo that was on the new opm its awesome,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you have now entered the world of survival/horror...good luck!- re1

you must survive to expose this nightmare- re 0
Message 4 of 4 (12 Views)
0 Likes