Nov 05 2011
By: nobleadman First Son 1 posts

Is Uncharted 3 over-rated?

18 replies 92 views Edited Nov 5, 2011

I just bought Uncharted 3.  IGN gave it 10 out of 10, Gamespot 9.0.

But I have played over an hour and, other than the opening bar brawl, all I seem to be doing is climbing, climbing, climbing.

I am on Mission 5 and have shot my gun 6 times only!  And there was no amazing opening scene like Uncharted 2 where you were dangling from a cliff in a train.

Sure, the cinematics are good, but I can buy a movie for $19.99, not $59.99! 

Please tell me it gets better, because if I have to spent another hour climbing buildings, I will go back to playing Arkham City.

Message 1 of 19 (92 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
23290 posts

Re: Is Uncharted 3 over-rated?

Nov 5, 2011

Sounds to me like you're not giving it enough of a chance but if you do decide it isn't worth the effort PM me and I'll buy it for more than Gamestop would pay.

Message 2 of 19 (92 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11656 posts

Nov 5, 2011

At the 10th chapter in the game right now, I have recently collected the trophy for 100 headshots. Uncharted 3 isn't just about climbing, it's not just about puzzle solving either, but it does have them both along with the shooting/brawling for good measure.

The opening sequence in the game worked better than I thought it would. You get to know the new cast right away, so there's that. You then get to see a younger Drake, which is an interesting twist.

If you're worried about missing out on the gunfights, don't be. I've only just encountered the shielded enemies for the first time, and had to fire on men with rocket launchers using a sniper rifle all the same.

Message 3 of 19 (92 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12262 posts

Nov 6, 2011

nobleadman wrote:

I just bought Uncharted 3.  IGN gave it 10 out of 10, Gamespot 9.0.

But I have played over an hour and, other than the opening bar brawl, all I seem to be doing is climbing, climbing, climbing.

I am on Mission 5 and have shot my gun 6 times only!  And there was no amazing opening scene like Uncharted 2 where you were dangling from a cliff in a train.

Sure, the cinematics are good, but I can buy a movie for $19.99, not $59.99! 

Please tell me it gets better, because if I have to spent another hour climbing buildings, I will go back to playing Arkham City.

I don’t really care about the kinds of review scores IGN and GameSpot give the video games that they review. With that being said, I don’t personally believe that Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception is over-rated (in general) although I have yet to properly review this video game myself. Many individuals seem to like Uncharted 2: Among Thieves more than Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception and I’m trying to figure out why this is. Chapter 5 is before the Chateau in France scenario and things really start to “pick up” in Chapter 7 (if I recall correctly). If this video game hasn’t already “grabbed you” then I’m not sure if you should continue. Playing an Uncharted video game is about more than just action and guns but it’s your call. I hope you get something out of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception if you continue to play through this video game (it's a wonderful experience to say the least).

Please tell me it gets better.

Okay, it gets better.

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 4 of 19 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Nov 6, 2011

I have all three games. Personally i'm not a big fan of all the gun play aspecs of the game. I prefer the story. The likeable characters and yes the climing about platforming parts of the game aswell. Trying to find all those artifacts is soooo much fun lol. I think the game has come a long way since it's first debute. The second game brought many more folks to the table. The third game is looking to add something for everyone. But as with any product some will be more impressed than others.

*********************^v^> Beware of the Chupacabra>^v^********************
Message 5 of 19 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
88 posts

Nov 9, 2011

I've played all three of the games, and the action escalates around the middle of Uncharted 3. I'm not focused on killing and killing, I'm focused on the story, which is the best part about all of the games.

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - SPARTAN-1337
Message 6 of 19 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
703 posts

Nov 11, 2011

I'm  not completely thrilled with Uncharted 3 myself.  Why does it take so long to turn around with a gun?  It's most annoying.

RockStar owes me AWP!!
Message 7 of 19 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5071 posts

Nov 11, 2011

Your correct. The game's story is the worst yet. While i love it the same as the others, it just different than the other. Not much gunplay and lots of wondering.... Yeah, i felt like i was playing a movie.... IMO UC2 had too much gunplay and UC1 was well balanced. IF anyone has played the 1st two stories then I'd think its safe to say UC3 wont be the favorite, for the story anyway. Multiplayer is a different story (tho i enjoyed online pre updat v1.05).

photo ogeeGTA_zps3b23a97c.jpg

Message 8 of 19 (92 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
30614 posts

Nov 12, 2011

I thought this one was just as good as the first two games if not better. Only thing is the story feels a little bit rushed by the end to the point where it feels like the main story is finding Sully....

Message 9 of 19 (92 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12262 posts

Nov 12, 2011

eagles1990 wrote:

I thought this one was just as good as the first two games if not better. Only thing is the story feels a little bit rushed by the end to the point where it feels like the main story is finding Sully....

I feel the same way about Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception. After everything is said and done this video game will stand a good chance of becoming my favorite Uncharted video game (take that for what it’s worth).

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 10 of 19 (92 Views)
0 Likes