Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 10 2012
By: Goniloc Uncharted Territory 1190 posts

I am the only one...

11 replies 366 views Edited Oct 10, 2012

That thinks Dishonored looks really bad? (Just some casual convo to tide us)

And that's the Gospel Truth Photobucket
Message 1 of 12 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Re: I am the only one...

Oct 10, 2012
Really ? Why's that ? I think it looks great, kind of like a mix between Bioshock and Deus Ex.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 2 of 12 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1659 posts

Oct 10, 2012

I actually think he's good, but I don't like that genre of game. I'm for a simpler approach

Message 3 of 12 (356 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Oct 10, 2012
yes you are... now post somewhere relavent to the game and not psasbr
Message 4 of 12 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1190 posts

Oct 10, 2012

It was so hyped, then I saw gameplay and the graphics looked meh, the gameplay is nothing new, tired if any thing. There's not really anything special about it

And that's the Gospel Truth Photobucket
Message 5 of 12 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Oct 12, 2012
It looks ok almost looks like a assasins creed ripoff tho
Message 6 of 12 (288 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25216 posts

Oct 15, 2012

Goniloc wrote:

It was so hyped, then I saw gameplay and the graphics looked meh, the gameplay is nothing new, tired if any thing. There's not really anything special about it

Well did you actually play it?

Message 7 of 12 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2778 posts

Oct 15, 2012

Once I found out the game was running on the unreal engine I stopped caring about the game. I've seen a few videos and I still can't like the unreal engine at all. I hate how textures don't look so great  and I don't know if it's the developer or the way the engine works but I hate how it depics the human body at times. Bioshock, gears of war, bullet storm they all had unrealistic depicitons of how the body looks. One of the few games that make the unreal engine look good is Mass effect and the Batman Arkham games. But for dishonored it reminded me of bioshock a little but with stealth, but they should of used a better game engine.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 8 of 12 (274 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25216 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 16, 2012

So if it didn't use the Unreal Engine you'd like it?  That's like if I said "yeah as soon as I found out that band used Fender amps I said there's no way their album could be any good".

A lot of developers use the Unreal Engine because of it's versatility, and because it's cost effective. Give the VERY extensive list of games out there using a version of the Unreal Engine, I'd lay even money that there's a game in your library that uses it, and you're probably not aware.

Futhermore, the way those games "depict the human body" has more to do with the art design and the concept of the game, and not the game engine. I say that because Splinter Cell Blacklist is running on a version of it;

Message 9 of 12 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2778 posts

Oct 16, 2012

The unreal engine has never really impressed me much in the graphics department, there have only been a hand full of games that used the engine that made me say it was a really good looking game. Most games that use the unreal engine start to look the same to me like dishonored looks and feels like bioshock. The engine is so over used you can tell straight off the bat that its the unreal engine. And I'm well aware of the games that use it, especially since they show off the logo at the start of most of these games. So, game's like mass effect and batman are one of the few that I've played that really do a good job of using the engine, especially mass effect. And its not just the engine, I'm not a hugh fan of games in first person view, I like my stealth to be in third person.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 10 of 12 (249 Views)
0 Likes