Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 01 2012
By: AriesWarlock Monster Hunter 31 posts

Heavenly Sword should get a trophy patch

13 replies 2710 views Edited Sep 1, 2012

OK real talk, now that Konami has released a trophy patch for MGS4 that has the added bonus of fixing loading times, Sony should get anyone to make a similar patch to have trophies and speed up loading times because they are too long!  What say you?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (2,710 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10920 posts

Re: Heavenly Sword should get a trophy patch

Sep 1, 2012

It might be a good idea to release a trophy update for Heavenly Sword. After all, it is one of the system's finest creations. There was a time when I returned to replay the game - not for trophy reasons of course. It's just a really good game overall, and the game deserved more credit than what the consensus generally gave it at the time of release.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (2,709 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
436 posts

Sep 1, 2012

it should because then i would actually play it and i do want to play it but i havnt gotten it yet because i dont wanna put 10-20 hours on a game that doesnt have trophy support 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (2,706 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24211 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Dayed wrote:

it should because then i would actually play it and i do want to play it but i havnt gotten it yet because i dont wanna put 10-20 hours on a game that doesnt have trophy support 

How about you play it because you want to try something different? Back in the day we didn't have trophies, acheivements, or anything of the sort. We played games because they were... what's the word... oh yeah, FUN. 

As for Heavenly Sword, Sony wouldn't be the ones to implement any kind of trophy support. It would have to be Ninja Theory. It's their game, and anyone else would have to be contracted out by Ninja Theory. Being that it's a five year old game, I'd say it's safe to assume that we're not going to get trophies. Ninja Theory is currently working on DMC, a prequel to Devil May Cry. You can try contacting them here;

http://www.ninjatheory.com/index.php

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (2,703 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Sep 1, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Dayed wrote:

How about you play it because you want to try something different? Back in the day we didn't have trophies, acheivements, or anything of the sort. We played games because they were... what's the word... oh yeah, FUN. 

As for Heavenly Sword, Sony wouldn't be the ones to implement any kind of trophy support. It would have to be Ninja Theory. It's their game, and anyone else would have to be contracted out by Ninja Theory. Being that it's a five year old game, I'd say it's safe to assume that we're not going to get trophies. Ninja Theory is currently working on DMC, a prequel to Devil May Cry. You can try contacting them here;

Unfortunately, not everybody is as old as those who played back in the day, and trophies have become a source of motivation for some, like it or not. I enjoyed the game, but trophies would give me more incentive to replay it. The loading times also put me off, so a patch like this would be a win-win.

MGS4 is 4 years old and it got the patch. Ninja Theory may have made the game, but the data belong to Sony. If they can get NT to make a patch, good. If not, get someone else to do it.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (2,700 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 7, 2012

After all this time, I decided to buy it today for $20.

It's amazing in every way, also I finished it on the same day & it only takes 6-7 hours, that's even without going all rushed through.
But even though I got more than my money's worth, you unlock 'hell mode' after you finish but even after finishing that you don't get anything. :'( Was sad when I realised there were no trophies. Seriously though, if you don't get it you're totally missing out.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (2,601 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2486 posts

Oct 15, 2012

That final boss fight was a bees knees of hardness

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (2,565 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1666 posts

Oct 18, 2012

I've had a couple of friends tell me the final bossfight was ridiculously tough.  I never thought it was that bad.

Great game.  Criminally underrated.  Best game ending this gen, IMO. 

Also...NO SEQUEL!!!  It'd be incredibly disingenuous.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (2,542 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24211 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 19, 2012

AriesWarlock wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Dayed wrote:

Unfortunately, not everybody is as old as those who played back in the day, and trophies have become a source of motivation for some, like it or not. I enjoyed the game, but trophies would give me more incentive to replay it. The loading times also put me off, so a patch like this would be a win-win.

MGS4 is 4 years old and it got the patch. Ninja Theory may have made the game, but the data belong to Sony. If they can get NT to make a patch, good. If not, get someone else to do it.

So age is directly correlated to someone having fun and the pursuit of virtual trophies? That's a blanket generalization that I really don't think is true. 

I don't know how this "gamer" idea that if a game is unsupported, that somehow it falls under Sony's dominion started, but it's a misconception that I keep seeing repeated, and despite the popular belief, if something is repeated it doesn't become "fact". Sony serves as PUBLISHER of the game. Meaning they did all the work to get the game into your hands. Ninja Theory did all the work to actually MAKE the game. I don't know the legal dealings, as such things are often not privy to public consumption, but Sony would most likely not have what's known as creative control. Meaning it's still up to Ninja Theory to go back and do any addtional work on the game. What you suggest would be akin to Capitol/EMI Records demanding The Beatles go back and make another album, and if they refused they would then hire a new band. And no, it's not "different because it's video games". 

Metal Gear Solid 4 is an entirely different animal. You can't honestly compare the two. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (2,527 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1666 posts

Oct 20, 2012

FWIW, now that Bungie is free to develop multiplatform games, 343 studios has taken over running Halo on Xbox Live.  I point that out just to suggest that most likely if SCE was to add trophy support to Heavenly Sword, they could have any one of their first party studios handle it and shouldn't have to bother Ninja Theory to do it.

However, it's ridiculously unlikely that this will happen.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (2,518 Views)
0 Likes