May 27 2011
By: SILENTKILLAH87 First Son 1 posts

Gameshark for ps3?

3 replies 2985 views Edited May 27, 2011

I think a ps3 gameshark would be great....if it was for offline gaming only. When I had the ps2 I would beat my game without the gameshark then id give it a run through with a few selected cheats on like infinite health and ammo. I really don't see why no one has made one for the ps3 yet? If its for offline only and disables trophies then that would be great. I loved runnin through san andreas with infinite health and a rocket launcher just blowin everything up and not worry about dying. Am I alone in feeling this? How many are for and how many oppose? Would love to get some feedback.

Thanks,

The SILENT ONE

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (2,985 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10462 posts

Re: Gameshark for ps3?

May 27, 2011

I would have thought GameShark to be available this generation myself. It must have something to do with the fact that these are unlicensed products, and it appears that the console manufacturers are cracking down on cheating devices. Causing games to glitch or stirring problems into save game data, this sort of product may not meet the standards for quality concerns any longer.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (2,985 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 5, 2012

That would be a dream come true if they ever make a GAMESHARK or ACTION REPLAY for the PS3 lols for OFFLINE use only..

I reamember the wonderful days when i used to play PS2 with both GS and AR lols

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (2,985 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
22593 posts

May 5, 2012

GrayGargoyle wrote:

I would have thought GameShark to be available this generation myself. It must have something to do with the fact that these are unlicensed products, and it appears that the console manufacturers are cracking down on cheating devices. Causing games to glitch or stirring problems into save game data, this sort of product may not meet the standards for quality concerns any longer.

One of the other things was that some of these devices were used to play CD-R backups of games. That's something that Sony and other console makers frown on.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (2,985 Views)
0 Likes