Highlighted
Feb 29 2004
By: ExtremeGamer~ First Son 5 posts

Game Recommendations (post your games in which you recommend most for people to play)

8 replies 21 views Edited Feb 29, 2004
  I am lookin for a fun game to buy. I have heard of some cool games but a lot of them are short, I really don't want a short game in which I can beat in days. I like a lot of action-adv. games but many of them seem short. I am a big fan of the Silent Hill series, I also like games like Devil May Cry and I like RPG games too. Can anyone please help me pick out some games I could buy, if you could list quite a few off the top of your head which you would recommend me to buy and hopefully if I get lots of responses I can research on all the different games and buy one or two of the ones that sound the best to me thanks.
Message 1 of 9 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
408 posts

Re: Game Recommendations (post your games in which you recommend most for people to play)

Feb 29, 2004
It would help if you list the games that you have, so we don't post games that you already have. It might also give us an idea on what games to recommend.
Message 2 of 9 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7838 posts

Re: Game Recommendations (post your games in which you recommend most for people to play)

Feb 29, 2004

,Extreme Gamer wrote:
  I am lookin for a fun game to buy. I have heard of some cool games but a lot of them are short, I really don't want a short game in which I can beat in days. I like a lot of action-adv. games but many of them seem short. I am a big fan of the Silent Hill series, I also like games like Devil May Cry and I like RPG games too. Can anyone please help me pick out some games I could buy, if you could list quite a few off the top of your head which you would recommend me to buy and hopefully if I get lots of responses I can research on all the different games and buy one or two of the ones that sound the best to me thanks.

Freedom Fighters---AWESOME game highly reccomended

Red Faction---Great FPS (don't get Red Faction 2 it sucked)

Metal Gear Sold: Sons of Liberty

Grand Theft Auto: 3

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Zone of the Enders

Ico

Onimusha: Warlords

Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny

Devil May Cry

Xenosaga

Kingdom Hearts

Shadow Hearts

Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter

Final Fantasy X

-Griever_08

http://goo.gl/SjUkM
Message 3 of 9 (21 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1284 posts

Feb 29, 2004

james bond:everything or nothing

kill.switch

jak II

r&c 2:going commando

silent hill 3

resident evil:code veronica x

zone of the enders 2

final fantasy X-2

legacy of kain:defiance

manhunt

need for speed underground

soul calibur

ssx 3

these games are IMO good but its up to you what games you want

Message 4 of 9 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Mar 1, 2004
Ratchet and Clank 1 & 2, I haven't played a platform game this good since Mario 64.
Message 5 of 9 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3598 posts

Mar 1, 2004
I am lookin for a fun game to buy. I have heard of some cool games but a lot of them are short, I really don't want a short game in which I can beat in days. ,

Good games?

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy.  It's basically a platformer, but it's very puzzle oriented with a lot of adventure elements thrown in.  There's some item collecting and some basic combat.  Some people compare this game to Zelda.  Overall a fantastic game (just over 20 hours to complete)

Pitfall: The Lost Expedition.  I'm about to finish this and it turned out to be a great game.  Again, basically a platformer with some puzzles and item collection withs LOTS of places to explore.  A bit of a slow start, but I really enjoyed this one.  Again, just over 20 hours to complete fully.

Ratchet and Clank, Ratchet and Clank: Going Command, Jak and Daxter, Jak II:  Great action platformers.  Less puzzles, more weapons :^)  Each of these will probably give you over 20 hours of gameplay as well.

Kingdom Hearts.  Don't let the Disney characters fool you.  This is a great adventure game with lots of different enviroments to visit.  It also has the RPG elements that you like.  I can't remember how long it took to complete, but it was definitely over 20 hours.

Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City.  Classic PS2 games that can take a while to complete.  Grand Theft Auto gives you a lot of freedom to just mess around if you like.  Unlike other games that give you the freedom to roam, you can actually have some fun doing your own thing in Grand Theft Auto.  Personally I find the gameplay a little repetitive and the controls a little finicky... this is a game I like to pick up, then leave it for a while, then come back to it again later.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.  Another classic PS2 action/adventure game.  Not as interesting as Metal Gear Solid for the Playstation, it's still a great game with solid gameplay.  There are quite a few hours of gameplay packed into this game for your first time through.

There are other good games as well (Ico, Maximo, Sly Cooper, Prince of Persia) but I found them relatively short which is something you didn't want to consider.  Ico is a great puzzle adventure if you're into games that involve more problem solving than hacking, slashing and blowing things up.

Message Edited by Wolffe on 03-01-2004 01:49 PM

Message 6 of 9 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3234 posts

Mar 4, 2004

Head Hunter

Soul Reaver 2

Soul Calibur 2:  You would probably finnidh the main sections in a day but acquiring all the extras can take weeks.

Thats all i can think of for now since the owthers have posted a great deal before me you might also want to check out Primal too.

Message 7 of 9 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3598 posts

Mar 4, 2004
Head Hunter ,

I Head Hunter really any good?  I have had that game sitting on my shelf almost two years.  I bought it with a bunch of other used games just after I was given my PS2.  I popped it in for a few minutes but it didn't grab me... maybe I didn't give it enough time.

Soul Calibur II is a decent game... but I didn't get the impression that he was into fighters...

Message Edited by Wolffe on 03-04-2004 09:37 AM

Message 8 of 9 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7686 posts

Mar 4, 2004

,Wolffe wrote:

Good games?

Pitfall: The Lost Expedition.  I'm about to finish this and it turned out to be a great game.  Again, basically a platformer with some puzzles and item collection withs LOTS of places to explore.  A bit of a slow start, but I really enjoyed this one.  Again, just over 20 hours to complete fully.

Thanks for the info! That game looks good. I like games with lots of exploring.
Message 9 of 9 (21 Views)
0 Likes