Reply
Apr 06 2013
By: Minute-world First Son 4 posts
Offline

Crash banditcoot HD collection

23 replies 423 views Edited Apr 6, 2013

okay, I love the old crash games and I don't know why naughty dog or even SONY won't even consider buying them back from activision but, I was wondering how people would feel if sony released an HD collection of the first 3 crash games along with wrath of cortex and twinsanity on one disk? an HD collection of crash banditcoot. And I'm not talking about the activision beat em up tatooed crash, I'm talking about the old crash. how do you feel about this? 5 games on one disk. they did it with god of war, why not crash? sony, buy crash back, NOW. we are what makes you, YOU.

Message 1 of 24 (423 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 05/07/2009
Offline
2607 posts
 

Re: Crash banditcoot HD collection

Apr 6, 2013

Probably because A) Activision owns the licensing rights to Crash or B) No one does HD Remakes of PSone games as that would require alot more work than a PS2 remaster

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 2 of 24 (413 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/02/2011
Offline
838 posts
 

Re: Crash banditcoot HD collection

Apr 7, 2013

Bulletpainpills wrote:

Probably because A) Activision owns the licensing rights to Crash or B) No one does HD Remakes of PSone games as that would require alot more work than a PS2 remaster


 Spyro made a comeback, Skylanders is very successful. Activision in their power has the ability to make a great Crash game, if they can  focus.  

Message 3 of 24 (373 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/07/2012
Offline
1839 posts
 

Re: Crash banditcoot HD collection

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

bronxz32 wrote:

Bulletpainpills wrote:

Probably because A) Activision owns the licensing rights to Crash or B) No one does HD Remakes of PSone games as that would require a lot more work than a PS2 remaster


 Spyro made a comeback, Skylanders is very successful. Activision in their power has the ability to make a great Crash game, if they can  focus.  


   I'd hate to tell you this, but Spyro didn't make a comeback. Skylanders used Spyro to attract attention and boost sales shamelessly and then quickly disregarded him when Skylanders could strongly stand alone without Spyro. His name is no longer in the title and he isn't even a main character.

   Don't get me wrong, Skylanders is cool. I just don't like how they murdered the last generations mascot to attract the newer generation. But hey I guess you gotta do what you gotta do right? Man I'd be so much happier about Skylanders if they didn't do that to Spyro.. 

   If Spyro really made a comeback he'd be in a new game as the main character and/or in Playstation All-Stars. I wish HD collections were made for Spyro and Crash but Activision just doesn't appreciate nostalgic things or realize they can make a lot of money out of it.

Message 4 of 24 (365 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 02/22/2012
Offline
2017 posts
 

Re: Crash banditcoot HD collection

Apr 7, 2013

It seems to me that most of the gaming companys are not listening to what people are requesting out of them right now to me. Seems like they are doing it there way reguardless of what peoples wants are from them. That may be why it is not going so well for most of them or gaming right now. When you ask for and never receive out of a hobby you get discouraged and begin to wonder why do it instead of something else that does hear your request and imply it. It is just a thought when I saw this thread.

Happy Gaming 

Message 5 of 24 (354 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
28440 posts
 

Re: Crash banditcoot HD collection

Apr 7, 2013

fantasyplayer wrote:

It seems to me that most of the gaming companys are not listening to what people are requesting out of them right now to me. Seems like they are doing it there way reguardless of what peoples wants are from them. That may be why it is not going so well for most of them or gaming right now. When you ask for and never receive out of a hobby you get discouraged and begin to wonder why do it instead of something else that does hear your request and imply it. It is just a thought when I saw this thread.

Happy Gaming 


Maybe it's because what "gamers" want is unreasonable. Really, if you actually think it would be a good idea to go back and completely rewrite a fifteen year old Playstation 1 game, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

 

"Gamers" seem to think that they can dicatate the direction of a game, this seems to be the only entertainment medium where the useers think they are part of the design and creative process. I always say that if I walked up to Sir Paul McCartney and said "You need to do the things that I want! I'M A FAN AND I KNOW WHAT I WANT TO LISTEN TO!! AND IF YOU DON'T DO WHAT I WANT THEN YOU'RE A LAZY MUSICIAN!!", his security people would drag me away and he'd say to me "that's great kid, tell me how many hit records that YOU have had?".

 

Just because gamers want something doesn't mean it's possible, or even a good idea. There's countless bad to HORRIBLE ideas that they come up with, but they gain traction. Disc changers? Really? So is Sony or Microsoft supposed to include a twenty five year old piece of hardware that's been rendered obsolute in their next console, just because the gamer cognscenti believes that they think it's a "can't miss"?

 

Yes, feedback can be important, however gamers don't want to provide feedback, they want to meddle in the creative process. That ALWAYS turns out bad.

Message 6 of 24 (351 Views)
Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 01/02/2011
Offline
838 posts
 

Re: Crash banditcoot HD collection

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

bronxz32 wrote:

Bulletpainpills wrote:

Probably because A) Activision owns the licensing rights to Crash or B) No one does HD Remakes of PSone games as that would require a lot more work than a PS2 remaster


 Spyro made a comeback, Skylanders is very successful. Activision in their power has the ability to make a great Crash game, if they can  focus.  


   I'd hate to tell you this, but Spyro didn't make a comeback. Skylanders used Spyro to attract attention and boost sales shamelessly and then quickly disregarded him when Skylanders could strongly stand alone without Spyro. His name is no longer in the title and he isn't even a main character.

   Don't get me wrong, Skylanders is cool. I just don't like how they murdered the last generations mascot to attract the newer generation. But hey I guess you gotta do what you gotta do right? Man I'd be so much happier about Skylanders if they didn't do that to Spyro.. 

   If Spyro really made a comeback he'd be in a new game as the main character and/or in Playstation All-Stars. I wish HD collections were made for Spyro and Crash but Activision just doesn't appreciate nostalgic things or realize they can make a lot of money out of it.


  Attract attention? You're talking like Spyro games on the PS2/PS3(Up to Skylanders) were the best games in the series. Spyro at that point in time was just the name, games weren't that great. Sure, He didn't make a comeback in the traditional sense, nonetheless he became more relevant than the PS2/PS3 Spyro games which were not that great. You might not like it, but Spyro made a comeback.  

Message 7 of 24 (342 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 07/27/2012
Offline
13508 posts
 

Re: Crash banditcoot HD collection

Apr 7, 2013

It's already difficult enough to make Crash a dlc in All Stars. It would be harder just for HD remakes.

Message 8 of 24 (337 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 02/22/2012
Offline
2017 posts
 

Re: Crash banditcoot HD collection

Apr 7, 2013

OK Captain lets get what you are saying down here. Even if people want things in gaming they sould not listen to them and do what they want instead. Even though when people do not get what they want they do not buy the product. Product is not sold then sales go down and companys go out of business. We are seeing that now. Not just in gaming. It did not work that way in the begining and sells were good. I was there. That is why they have large departments in all businesses with high dollar employees to find out what would make people want there product. Or why they are not buying it. That is the way it works in movies or music and any other type of take it or leave it product. Many companys have gone out because they did not give people what they needed from there product. How many have gone from gaming already or joined together to keep this from happening to them. Gaming has been dwindling for about 4 or 5 years now so they are doing something different and wrong. Face it they are not keeping peoples interest as much anymore. They can not afford that right now. They need to listen to what will make gaming sell again.

Message 9 of 24 (332 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/04/2011
Offline
1468 posts
 

Re: Crash banditcoot HD collection

Apr 7, 2013
No bronx spyro did not make a comeback. Of course, it is opinion whether or not you think the PS2 and PS3 spyros were the best, they were horrible in my opinion, and destroyed. The PSX Spyro's were the only good spyro games that I enjoyed playing, again, that is opinion.

Sure, a heros tail was fun, and enter the dragonfly had a few good moments, but overall? Riptos Rage and Year of the Dragon blows those 2 away by a mile, and they were PSX games!

Fantasy, yes, basically. Every dev company takes ideas into consideration, but when it comes down to it, its what the devs WANT to make, that happens. Unless you have your degree, and you went to college for computer science, and you work under a dev company, then no, you really don't have any say on what happens in a game. Why? Because different people want different things, and its impossible for a dev company to put all these ideas into a game, why? Oh, I don't know...time, money, resources, etc..

People will buy the product either way, capcom has done a lot of stupid things lately with their games, and have ignored quite a few fans, but have they gone under? No, because, like I said above, everyone wants something different. There will always be those people who want what the devs give them, and then there are people like you, who want something more. There are more gamers out there than you fantasy, and they will keep putting money into the devs pockets

Also, it didn't work that way in the beginning? You mean Pong!? I'm sure no one had any specific requests for pong...also, sells are still good, even for games that everyone keeps saying never changes anything up(CoD anyone?). Who cares if you were there? You still weren't a dev back then, you were still just a gamer, just like you are now.

Movies? Twilight? They received a bunch of sales, and so many people admitted to hating it. Gaming has increased over the years if you haven't noticed...Again, gaming is still selling, look at games like CoD which do the same things every year and get box office sells.

One more thing, in the beginning, gamers didn't request anything, except for sequals. No one cared about HD remakes, or DLC, or better graphics back then. It was "We'll release this game, if they like it, we'll make a sequal". People ate it up like cake for a fat lady, if anything, gamers are more needy NOW then they were back in the "beginning" which you like to think your so much apart of.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------









Message 10 of 24 (325 Views)
Reply