PlayStation MVP
26375 posts

Re: Crash banditcoot HD collection

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

The gamer cognoscenti has been CONSTANTLY pointing out "Square Enix is losing money!" for the last three years. Okay, we know. As far as Tomb Raider is concerned, it will take a while for it to pull Square Enix out of the hole. You may like Sleeping Dogs, but I don't that alone is enough, especially when the game has barely sold 700,000 copies according to VGChartz.com.

As far as digital game sales, that's logical that the industry wants to move in that direction. No competition from used games. Cut out the middle man. Downsize the product and upsize the profits. I'm not saying that I particularly like it mind you. However I find it ironic that many were SCREAMING about the industry putting the brakes on used games, when they themselves were destroying them through digital sales.

As for misspelling anything, it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine. "Losing" and "loosing" are two different words.

Message 21 of 24 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

Apr 7, 2013
I didn't say "loosing." The fact that Sleeping Dogs didn't sell well is kind of the point I am making. It was a quality game but didn't make very much money. Now that could come down to marketing and such, which surely would be Square Enix's fault but I think that lower video games sales as a whole affected that game too.

Message 22 of 24 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Apr 10, 2013

according to wikipedia square enix said they sold 1.75 million copies as of 3/26/13

Message 23 of 24 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Apr 10, 2013

fantasyplayer wrote:

It seems to me that most of the gaming companys are not listening to what people are requesting out of them right now to me. Seems like they are doing it there way reguardless of what peoples wants are from them. That may be why it is not going so well for most of them or gaming right now. When you ask for and never receive out of a hobby you get discouraged and begin to wonder why do it instead of something else that does hear your request and imply it. It is just a thought when I saw this thread.

Happy Gaming 

Exactly.These stupid companies think they know what the masses want lol then when it comes to release a game no one buys it because thats not the **bleep** game people wanted.

Message 24 of 24 (101 Views)
0 Likes